5@FIVE podcast with Cumulus Networks
June 4, 2014
Posted by on
Episode 85 – Cumulus Networks
5@FIVE is a technology podcast, this week our topic is Next Generation Data Centre Design and we’re talking about Software Defined Networking (SDN) which is a key technology enabler when considering how to design web-scale data centres.
It comprises of five (ish) questions and the interview is conducted within five minutes (hence 5@FIVE). The questions within each interview are kept the same, so that the listener can draw a contrast between different approaches to similar challenges across the enterprise IT sector.
- Please state your name and job title?
- Who is Cumulus?
- What type of organisation is Cumulus aimed at?
- What is driving data centre change for organisations including service providers?
- What are the benefits of decoupling hardware from software?
- As a result of this decoupling would you see hardware architecture becoming standardised regardless of the underling workload?
- How are you seeing take up of this from existing hardware vendors?
- Tell us what ONIE is about?
- Does the SDN Concept simplify network design and management?
- Are you seeing a change in the way networking typologies are being designed and deployed with the introduction of automation?
- Why are these design changes happening now?
- What’s your advice in preparing for these network changes?
Next Generation Data Centre Design – SDN Networking, by Cumulus Networks with Doug Youd @cnidus and @infrx
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: